Welcome to the Montana MSRGN team! The Montana MSRGN team is a dedicated group of genetics professionals, consumers, family members, public health professionals, pediatricians, and primary care providers who collaborate together on improving access to genetics services and resources in Montana for all individuals with genetic conditions and their families. Every year we gear our focus towards a new project that will help us further reach our goal. This year, we our happy to introduce our featured project, MonTECH.
MonTECH provides technology, support, and services that improve the quality of life for Montanan’s with disabilities. The Montana MSRGN team and MonTECH collaborated to make telegenetic services more readily available by providing Montana residents with computers, tablets, webcams, and hotspot equipment.
Clink the following link to learn more about MonTECH’s services https://montech.ruralinstitute.umt.edu/
Please check out our Montana State Team infographic here to see our other projects and accomplishments.
Please click on the boxes below for resources or contact us if you have more questions and would like to connect.Contact the Montana Genetic Navigator
Do you need help navigating genetics in Montana?Find a Genetics Clinic or Genetic Services in Your Area
Try our map and search tool; try these clinics
Click here to see more Montana Resources
Family & Parent Support
Support & Training for Raising a Child with Special Health Care Needs
- Montana Family to Family Health Information Center
- Rural Institute Inclusive Communities
- Montana Empowerment Center
Newborn Screening Support
For General Information on Newborn Screening in Montana:
Early Childhood Support
This group provides services and supports for families who have infants or toddlers (birth-3) who have significant developmental delays or disabilities or have been diagnosed with an established condition associated with significant delays in development.
Health Care Support
Care Coordination, Education, Intervention, and Transition Assistance
- Montana Medical Home Portal
- Montana Parent Partner Project
- Montana School for the Deaf & the Blind
- Children’s Special Health Services
- The Network for Public Health Law
Medical Insurance, Medicaid and Waiver Support
Help to Get a Diagnosis, and to Get Insurance Coverage for a Diagnosis
Financial Assistance and Support
Moving to Montana Resource (a guide for families who may be moving into Montana)
Concerned about developmental progress?
Concerned about joint hypermobility or suspecting Ehlers-Danlos syndrome?
- View the Algorithm (for Healthcare Professionals)
- Learn more about the Algorithm
- This algorithm serves as a practical guide to assist primary care providers in diagnosing Hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos syndrome with step-by-step recommendations for diagnosis, management, and referral.
- MSRGN Time 4 Genetics (January 6th, 2022) Webinar w/ Abdallah (Abe) Elias – What To Do When you Suspect Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome
- Enduring continuing education credits (CEUs) available for physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and physician assistants
Is your child hitting their developmental markers?
- In a survey conducted by MSRGN in early 2021, 89% of our 100+ families that later received a genetic diagnosis noticed “red flags” for genetics before the age of 4.
- Learn more about the Red Flags for Genetics Handout
- View the Red Flags Handout
- Read the Red Flags for Genetics Launch Post (June 2021)
Learn more about our featured project
- In an effort to advance access to genetics for underserved populations in Montana, the Montana State Team chose to use their Grant Year 4 (June 2020 – May 2021) funding to purchase and donate two laptops and one iPad to MonTECH, Montana’s technology-lending library based out of the University of Montana.
- MonTECH ships this equipment to and from families so they can access telehealth services
Interested in who we are?